Do you know which produce to use on your sidewalk and driveway this time of year? There are two products that are commonly used. Rock Salt and Ice Melt. There are some major differences between these products that you should be aware of.
- better at removing existing ice,
- is less effective in extreme cold,
- is corrosive to roads, concrete and metal (your car)
- bad for gardens and grass
- often less expensive
Ice Melt. See here..
- better at preventing ice from forming.
- safer for pets,
- safer for plants,
- not as hard on your sidewalk, driveway and cars.
Stay warm and safe this winter!